Saint Francis Service Dogs place dogs in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the area within
a three hour driving radius of our facility at 8232 Enon Drive, Roanoke, VA at the time of
application and final adoption.
• All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
• Applicant must have a fenced in yard with minimum dimensions of 36' x 12' x 4'.
• Applicant must show ability and willingness to interact with the dog, provide for the
dog's emotional, physical and financial needs.
• Applicant may not have a pet dog in the home, unless an exception is made due to
age or sickness of the pet dog. This guideline does not apply to service dogs.
• Applicant desires independent living and/or an improvement in the quality of his/her
life through the use of a Saint Francis Service Dog.
• More information on Eligibility is available in the Application for a Service Dog.
Note: Applicants seeking a successor service dog are given priority in screening and placement.
For questions or additional information about applying for a Saint Francis Service Dog
contact Cabell Youell at email@example.com or call 540.342.DOGS (3647).
• All handlers are considered regardless of race, color, religion, marital status, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran's status. Handler must be a legal
• Employer must agree to the terms of the adoption, including identifying a suitable
handler and potentially a successor handler. A letter from handler's employer will be
• Handler must have a fenced in yard with minimum dimensions of 36' x 12' x 4', unless
exception is made due to special circumstances and approved by the Saint Francis
• Handler may have other pets in the home, however other animals will be evaluated to
ensure they do not interfere in any way with the Facility Dog's ability to work.
• Handler must show ability and willingness to interact with the dog, provide for the
dog's emotional, physical and financial needs. Employer and handler must show ability
and willingness to partner with a Saint Francis Facility Dog to stimulate healing and
recovery in Employer's patients, clients or students.
• More information on Eligibility is available in the Application for a Facility Dog.
Service Dogs and Veteran Dogs:
©Copyright 2016 | All Rights Reserved
Please Note: Currently Saint Francis Service Dogs is not accepting new applications for service
or facility dogs. If you are interesting in being notified when applications are being accepted
again, please fill out this Contact Information Form and submit it. Those interested in
applying will be notified of openings to apply in the order that Contact Information Forms were
received. Thank you!