• teaching basic and advanced service and facility dog task work
• maintaining paperwork and reports on service dog's progress
• participating in Saint Francis events
• assisting with testing of other service dogs in training
• attending public demonstrations and weekly training classes, and
• partner matching and travel to and from partners' homes throughout our
Saint Francis Service Dogs spend up to one year in advanced training learning the skills to
become a service dog. Saint Francis employs expert and motivated dog trainers to teach
service dogs in training the tasks performed by a service dog.
Trainers are responsible for:
Saint Francis thanks Purina for their support
In order to become a Saint Francis Trainer, it is important to volunteer for Saint
Francis. Interested second and third-time puppy raisers are considered first for
available apprenticeships in the Saint Francis Field Trainer program.
For information on volunteering as a Puppy Raiser, please see our Puppy Raiser
For questions or additional information about Saint Francis Service Dogs contact us at
email@example.com or call 540.342.DOGS (3647).
© Copyright 2014 | All Rights Reserved